Snacks….I mean who doesn’t love snacks?? Snacks are great. Now, truth being told, I may be a little bit more into them now that I’m preggo, but I’ve always loved snacks for two reasons. 1. It gives me another excuse to eat delicious food and 2. It keeps me from being ravenous when meal times come = less over stuffing myself at meals. Now when I say snack, I’m sure a lot of thoughts go straight to those vending machines, chips, candy bars, crackers….but nope! That is not the type of snacks I’m going to be sharing with you today! Today I’m going to share a list of some of my favorite ‘go-to’ snacks that are easy to pack, easy to make and most importantly, easy to shove down your face! So after this, there should be no more excuses as to why you have to resort to eating that “CARBage” sitting in the break room. Snacks, when done right can be a GREAT way to fuel your body, create some space in your day and fuel your workouts. So here we go…
- Anything dipped in hummus. Some of my favorites are sweet potato chips, carrots, celery, ‘Way Better’ brand chips or crackers, and mushrooms. Yes, I legit dip raw mushrooms into hummus…don’t knock it until you’ve tried it! 😉 Best part – super easy to pack! You can even leave a tub of hummus at work and just worry about bringing your dippings of choice!
- Hard boiled eggs. Eggs are not only delicious, but they are a GREAT source of protein and fat! I typically eat an egg with some sort of fruit as a carb – like a clementine, half a grapefruit, serving of berries, etc. I prefer to dust them in a little salt & pepper and top with siracha. 😉 Again, SUPER easy to prep. Just boil up 6-12 on the weekend and you have ready to eat snacks for the week! Click here for how to hard boil.
- Cottage cheese toast. I posted this on social media a few months ago…I know it sounds so strange, but it is so good and always keeps me satisfied until the next meal. I like to use Ezekiel bread, top it with a layer of baby spinach and then add 1/2 cup Dean’s cottage cheese (it’s the best) on top with a sprinkle of black pepper. It’s easy to pack and only takes as long as it takes to toast a piece of bread to be ready to devour.
- Apple & almond butter. Doesn’t get much simpler than this. Heck, Justin’s brand even sells little single serve pouches which I leave in my desk drawer for when I’m feeling an apple/almond butter combo. If you’re feeling crazy, dice up the apples pour over your almond butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and warm it up in the microwave for about 45 seconds…tastes kinda like apple pie! 😉
- Even quicker and easier “grab-n-go” favorites:
There you have it…some easy, nutritious and protein packed snacks to keep you fueled up and satisfied until your next meal. I’m curious, what are some of YOUR favorite snacks?